It’s only in Rwanda where one can trek the endangered gorillas in one day; it’s good for those who have a short stay on a safari. You will Kigali early in the morning and drive to the volcanoes national park and then after, you will depart back to Kigali or at the airport for your departure flight back home.
You are required to wake up very early in the morning by 4:30am and depart to the park headquarters in Kinigi, the drive takes about 2 hours’ drive from Kigali to the park passing through beautiful and rolling hills which gives its name ‘’the land of a thousand hills’’. Arrive in time at the park headquarters to have an early breakfast followed with a short briefing from the park wardens about the dos and don’ts while with the gorillas. you will also get assigned to the gorilla family to visit, Rwanda has 11 habituated gorilla families which are ready to visitors on a daily basis. You will follow the ranger guide deep into the rain forest to begin the search of gorillas. Trekking time is unpredictable however the search can go from 2-8 hours in the jungle so a reasonable degree of fitness is needed as well as tracking gears, once the apes are met you will forget all the troubles you have gone through and utilize the one hour you are only allowed with the gorillas for observation and photography. You will meet many other forest dwellers in the process of gorilla tracking including mammals, primates and bird species. After the activity, on return, your driver will drive you back to Kigali and later connect to Kigali to meet your departure flight back home if it’s on this day.
End of safari
The safari includes
- Transportation and fuel in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- 1 gorilla permit per person
- Full English Speaking driver guide and all his associated expenses. We can also provide any other foreign language speaking guide on request.
- Park entrance fees
- Any other Activity fees as mentioned in the Itinerary
But it exclude,
- Accommodation in Kigali unless is on itinerary
- Visa fees,
- Airport taxes
- Item of personal nature, like bar bills, tipping, Laundry ,Beverages
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extra expenses not included above.